We really enjoy our assemblies at Sebert Wood, in which there are many opportunities for children to take part
Mondays: Every Monday the Headteacher presents certificates to children who have made a special effort during the previous week. We often welcome visitors in these assemblies.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays Singing Assemblies: children come together to enjoy singing and praise on Tuesday or Wednesdays.
Wednesdays and Thursdays Assemblies are held in the classes or the year groups. Reverend Jonathan Ford is a regular visitor to our yeargroup assemblies.
Fridays: Presentation Assembly We come together for a special Presentation Assembly, taken by groups of children. They give a talk and demonstration about a special hobby or interest and invite their own guests along. The children who take the assembly prepare for the presentation in their own time. Parents are welcome to join us on these Fridays at 9.15 a.m.
The Assembly Rules
- Come in quietly.Look and listen.
- No talking or whispering while assembly is taking place.
- Enjoy the joining in times, remember to stop at the hand signal.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Recognise achievements by clapping. No whooping and cheering.
Children’s Presentation Assemblies
Year 3 children lead an assembly about football.