Important School Opening Information – September 2021
FOR ALL NEW YEAR GROUPS – RECEPTION – YEAR 6
Following the disrupted 16 months we have all experienced we plan a return to ‘normal’ in September.
During the pandemic we have had to change many aspects of the way the school operates based on government guidance. Like many schools we have learned from this experience and there are aspects of the changes that we have realised are beneficial. We have reviewed some logistics and have taken on board some of the feedback we have received. We are also mindful that some parents of younger children have not experienced school as it used to be.
Please see below a list of key information for September but please note that this is subject to change should the national situation change, in which case we would contact you accordingly.
- We will continue to encourage excellent hygiene amongst all pupils and staff and continue to provide hand sanitiser stations around school. Good ventilation will remain in place and we will review how we manage this as we move to cooler months.
- As per government guidance, masks will not be required on the school premises and will be at the discretion of individuals.
- Children and parents enter and exit school via the main Sebert Road front gate and the Raedwald Drive footpath gate. The field gate will no longer be open.
- Although the main front office will be open from September and TAs available at the classroom entrance doors, email contact has proved very efficient. Where possible please continue to use email or phone for any enquiries.
- Children should continue to come to school in their PE kits on PE days – this has proved efficient and popular amongst parents, pupils and staff.
- School lunches will return to the school hall.
- To encourage healthy eating please do not bring sweets into school for class birthday treats.
- Breakfast Club continues in the hall for all age groups from 7.45am through to the start of the official school day.
- After School Club will return to operating in 2 rooms – Years N, R and 1 in the Nursery building, Years 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 will return to the Studio in the Upper Key Stage 2 block. Children will be escorted to After School Club by support staff when their school day ends. After school club runs through to 6.00pm.
- Before and After School Club bookings and payments continue via School Gateway.
- A full programme of extra-curricular clubs will return to the hall in September – full details to be published at the start of the new academic year.
- We are trialling a new school timetable which is an adapted version of the pre-covid one, based on parents feedback, to improve the drop off and collection arrangements where parents have more than one child in school. For all year groups, parents can drop their child to the appropriate entrance door during a five minute drop off period. Please see OUR SCHOOL DAY for your child’s start and finish times.
Google Classroom – Remote Learning